2.16.2010

Les Aventures Extraordinaires D'Adèle Blanc-Sec


Or The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec is the latest film from French director Luc Besson (The Fifth Element, Leon: The Professional, Nikita).

It's been awhile since Besson has directed a film. He's written at least 40 movies and produced over 80 but only directed just over 10.

This film is based on famed French comic creator Jacques Tardi. There have been at least 9 volumes so far although there hasn't been an English adapation since the early 90's. Dark Horse Comics had reprinted them in an anthology series called Cheval Noir which has been out of print for decades and NBM had collected a couple of them in the mid-1990's but those too are out of print.

Still the film looks very cool. No idea if and when it will reach North America though.



1 comment:

Paul Dechene said...

I tried reading this at one point but my crap French skills just weren't up to the challenge.

The awesomeness of French comics is just about enough to make me finally learn that language. Six years I spent between junior high and high school in French classes and I can't even read bloody comics. Curse my brain! Of course, if my teachers had brought in something wicked brilliant like this, maybe I'd have been a more enthusiastic pupil.