1.26.2010

Pick of the Day: James Gordon

So, I'm going to cheat a bit. My pick-of-the-day isn't actually happening today. But I need to clear some room for an uber-awesome Motley Crue post I have planned for Thursday so I'm going to do it up now. Wednesday at 8 p.m. at the Club, Grassroots Regina is presenting Canadian singer/song-writer James Gordon ($10 at the door).

A 30-year veteran on the music scene, Gordon helped found the legendary folk trio Tamarack. During this solo tour, Gordon will be promoting his most recent album My Stars, Your Eyes. A multi-instrumentalist (guitar, piano, banjo, penny whistle), Gordon's repertoire of songs explore a range of issues related to Canadian history, identity, social justice and the environment.

Here's a 2009 video for his song called "How". (YouTube)

No comments: