9.03.2009

There's A Bat On My Building


















And he or she is sooo cute! S/he's perched above the door to the salon under prairie dog though, and I'm not sure how the folks at Indira are going to react. I should find a shoebox and try to save this adorable and confused little creature from terrorized hair stylists and manicurists, shouldn't I?

UPDATE: Our little bat friend is secure in a shoebox awaiting release tonight. If anyone has better advice on temporary bat-storage than "taped-shut cardboard box" feel free to post a comment.

3 comments:

Laura said...

contact Mark Brigham at the U of R for more info - he and his students are the bat people. Way to save a bat!

office: (306) 585 4255
lab: (306) 585 4562

Stephen Whitworth said...

Already done and Brigham says my plan is fine and the bat will be okay. Thanks for the post!

Unknown said...

I have found that an unused aquarium is an effective bat cage, if you ever have a bat in need of housing again. Don't use a bird cage, or you'll have an escaping bat.