9.03.2009

The Purple Is Political

Was just crossing the street for a coffee, and this dude passes me and hisses in a sarcastic and affected, slightly effeminate voice, "Loooove what you've done with your hair."

Aaack! Pwned!

Actually, if this was a genuine, cruel remark about the current state of my head intended to hurt my feelings, it's the first I've heard in a month and a half of being empurpled. I get about 10 compliments a week on my purple hair (plug: dyed/designed by Levi at Salon Snax), so this insult--assuming it was an insult--sets the praise to snark ratio at around 60 to one.

My hair even got a squeal of admiration from a pretty lady on the way back from the coffee shop. So there.

So screw you, sarcastic guy on the street. Few share your irrational prejudice and fear of purple. The forces of goodness and violet are ascendent. Your narrow-minded kind's day is done.

2 comments:

Dakota said...

Nothing's been the same in Regina since city council brought in the Fashion Police.

Of course, if you read the comments on the Leader-Post site, everyone loves the Fashion Police, seeing it as the next step in truly competing with Calgary.

Stephen LaRose said...

I knew it. Whitworth is a lesbian.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.