8.06.2009

Taylor Field's Aerosmith show in jeopardy

Steven Tyler broke his wrist falling off the stage during a show in South Dakota Wednesday night. (HuffPo). No official word, but I would bet that the Aerosmith show at Taylor Field will be toast, not that the scalpers would mind. The show's not sold out and scalpers have thousands of tickets on their hands, apparently. I'm sure they'd be happy to take a refund.

And for the record, I don't have tickets, never sought tickets, and I wouldn't go to see Aerosmith -- even in their prime -- if you gave me a free ticket and limo service right to a front row seat.

UPDATED: Sorry scalpers--the show must go on, according to CJME's website. (CJME)

4 comments:

Illuminations said...

While I balk at the hype that we generate over 2nd generation rock and roll acts 30 years past their prime (Aerosmith, ZZ Top, ACDC, Iron Maiden) and the gross oversaturation of the classic rock, and mainstream stadium rock, market in Regina as of late, based on some notion that we've all got money to burn because the provincial Treasury's not in deficit (not to mention putrid rock radio), I would feel bad for all the people hyped up to see this show if it was cancelled. What;'s the forecast anyway? Cloudy and 6C for Sunday?

Stephen LaRose said...

To each their own. They want to spend money on that, it's their perogative (and you're talking to someone who just bought an iTunes card so I could get one Head East song that's stuck in my head since I heard it when I was nine years old on KFYR Bismark.

But I really resent city fathers and Chamber of Commerce types who try to promite this as a Big Event that Will put Regina On The Map.

* "When I moved to Regina in 1959, I didn't know it, but Regina was the most exciting city in the western hemisphere."
-Artist Ted Godwin, a member of the famed ¯Regina Five˜, on the hothouse atmosphere of arts and politics in Regina in the 1950s.

(stoen from Will Chabin's LP blog)

http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/chabun/archive/2009/07/31/quotations-about-regina.aspx

And IIRC, the Chamber of Commerce types weren't dictating what was normal in 1959 -- Tommy ouglas, with amongst other things an impressive arts policy, was running the show. Speaks volumes as to what people thnk is art, entertainment, and watit 'interesting.'

Stephen LaRose said...

Drat. no editing function and I mis-spelled Wlll Chabun's name, amongst other things.

Stephen Whitworth said...

"Thnk"? "Watit"? "Tommy ouglas"? You typed that reply like a man with a couple kids dancing on your head, Rosie. Haven't you got them hooked on teevee yet?