3.25.2009

Wild In The Afternoon


I'm not sure how long this has been on the Web but here's the trailer for the really weird-looking (in a good way) Spike Jonz adaptation of the classic children's book Where the Wild Things Are.

Click on this link, then click on some more links and be bitter that I can't find a quality embed.

If I had kids I'd ban them from drek like Shrek and force-feed this kind of thing down their little throats. Yes, I would be a terrible parent, it's true.

The music, which seems a little out of synch with the trailer's cut, is Arcade Fire, by the way.

UPDATE: I wouldn't really ban my hypotherical kids from watching Shrek. But don't ask me to pretend it's a satisfying, imagination-nourishing film. It is not. It's glib and shallow. Ha! What do you say to that?

UPDATE #2: I've had some complaints about the general ass-ness of that link, so here's another. This video claims to be embed-able, but it lies, lies, lies!

UPDATE #3: Let's try this one:



Better?

1 comment:

Alex Whyte said...

Take that back.
Shrek is amazing, and can't even be compared to this movie/story. Shrek is meant to be comedy, this is more fantasy. Shrek is animated, this is intended to be more realistic. Shrek is hardly 'glib and shallow'. This movie would be better compared to Chronicles of Naria or something to that effect.

But anyways, this movie is either going to be really good, or really bad. Obviously, I'm hoping for the former.