1.31.2010

I love this baby you guys

Just in case you're unfamiliar, I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to Kate Beaton and Hark! A Vagrant.



She has a degree in history. She's from Nova Scotia. She also draws historically-flavoured comics, frequently Canadian in content. And she's freaking hilarious beyond mortal comprehension.

Kate Beaton makes me want to stop drawing comics. She's funnier than I could ever hope to be, and her quick, seemingly-effortless drawings depict such specific emotions and gestures (especially the facial expressions!), that I can't help but laugh out loud at each strip.



I once emailed her to tell her what a crush I have on her comics, then regretted it instantly feeling like nothing more than a creepy, weird fan (of which I'm sure she has many). She soon responded with modest words of thanks.

Fact: Kate Beaton is a class act all the way.

In short, read her comics. Love them. Buy Kate's book. Support her.

This is one of those moments that will make you proud to be Canadian.



No comments: