10.30.2009

Pick of the Day: God Made Me Funky

I did a post on this Toronto-based nu-funk hip hop group when they passed through town last winter. I didn't catch their March 6 gig at the District. I'm not sure why. But it probably had something to do with the weather being shitty, and me being busy finishing up whatever writing assignments I had for the March 12 issue of prairie dog.

Anyway, tonight the band makes a return visit to the Distrikt. What with the gigs last night (Marianas Trench, the Downchild Blues Band); all the shows tonight (Akon, Asleep at the Wheel, and a These Estates and Architects & Builders double bill at O'Hanlon's); and the shows happening tomorrow night (Puddle of Mud, the Feast of Screams Hallowe'en metal blowout at the Exchange) it's a busy few days for live music fans in Regina.
Do your best to get out to something, okay? And for a taste of what God Made Me Funky have to offer, here's a link to my earlier post.

No comments: