8.09.2009

Magazine rack

The current issue of Bust has an awesome interview with hyped hipster screenwriter Diablo Cody. Cody, here interviewed by the hilarious television writer Jill Soloway (You must go to her website sometime, and read one of the greatest Hollywood short stories ever. It's called Courtney Cox's Asshole. Really.) comes off as sharp, funny and unpretentios as hell.

On the subject of the big, post-Juno backlash, she admits "I would have hated my guts. I would have thought, 'Oh, that girl with her fucking precious shtick and her stupid name. Go fuck yourself. I'm writing my novel here, I can't even deal with this, please go away.' Oh, my God, I would have had no patience with myself."

And I have to respect how much she talks up and supports other women in Hollywood, especially the writers and directors who aren't big stars. It's a nice antidote to the tall poppy, only-girl-in-the-boys-club thing you see too often. I'm totally going to see Jennifer's Body.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

These modern magazine racks feature innovative designs while having enough space to hold plenty of literature.