8.22.2009

Inglourious Basterds Is A Hoot


Saw it. Loved it. The film has problems and will definitely not be to everyone's taste. But if you liked the first trailer, you should like the movie. It's the same--witty, crude, offensive and schlocky--but longer and gorier. Truth in advertising for the win.

Speaking of long, I think it's something like two and a half hours. I could've handled four. And I think everyone I saw Inglorious Basterds with felt the same. The consensus complaint was, "I wanted more Nazi killin'!"

One friend said this will be a great movie to watch in a living room with copious amounts of beer. Yup.

Far from a great film but a blast to watch with pals on a Friday night. We'll have a full review by Jorge in next Thursday's paper.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Agreed! It was incredible! I imagine he might catch shit in the US for all the subtitlin' but I love that they kept the languages intact as much as they did.