3.04.2009

Missed Us By *That* Much (plus, bikinis!)

So it turns out we Earthians had a near miss with an asteroid this week. National Geographic, which has what is becoming my new favourite Web site, reports that a space rock the size of the one that schmucked Tungusta about a hundred years ago swooped by our planet Monday at 20 km/second. Vooosh!!

And did I say "becoming my new favourite web site? How about this story I found while looking up the asteroid link, about the effects bikinis have on the (heterosexual) male mind? Favourite quote: "Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women, the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up." "Tool use". Uh huh.

There's also fun stories on prehistoric undersea sex, sloppy kissing and, of course the previously blogged-about fish with a see-through head. I could waste hours here.

National Geographic, you rawk.

No comments: