3.18.2009

Exciting News!

It's a busy day in Saskatchewan but you wouldn't know it from the way this alleged journalist is sitting on his ass in front of this screen. Stephen Whitworth is not a morning person but publisher Terry Morash has cast him as one in this sitcom called prairie dog.

Even worse, the coffee is too hot and I burned my lips.

Items:

News item #1: Gregory Beatty is at the legislature covering the budget proceedings. I suspect he is once again going dressed like a hobo. Greg is punk.

News item #2: Paul Dechene will be along with a post this a.m. following up yesterday's controversy on Canada's christian, evolution-averse science minister. [update: that post went up as I was typing this.] As with yesterday's post on the topic, there will be an illustration. Puty likes to draw dinosaurs.

News item #3: Next week, Dog Blog gets a new look, courtesy prairie dog designer Alex Whyte. I have seen it. It is good. No more cookie-cutter template for us. Exciting!

2 comments:

Pat said...

It's okay Stephen -- no one will ever accuse the Prairie Dog writing staff of being journalists.

The Mouth Journal said...

While I can dress like a hobo with the best of them, when/if I go to the Leg', I always make sure to wear a suit. It's more about respecting our forepeoples/public servants, rather than trying to look corporate. Even just slacks and a jacket. Tweed works, or corduroy. I'm not judging, I'm just saying. I usually find myself slightly over-dressed and uncomfy. It's the same way I may eat with my fingers and drip on shirt at home, but at a fancy dinner do, always (try to) eat like a dandy. By the way, I notice that a lot of guys around here hold their forks and spoons like a moron--is that working class cool, or just ignorance? I'll assume the latter, because these are dudes who in every other way like to fancy themselves important gentlemen.